Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Memories That I'm Stealing...

Hello hello.

This post does not mark my official return to the King Kongery, but soon enough...

First news first, I have not been accepted to participate in Crammed Organisms. It's a bit disappointing, but I don't think I would have been up to the task. My plans for the show were quite exciting but also slightly far fetched. Then of course I got real laazy, so I probably wouldn't have anything good to contribute to the show anyway. There's always next time!

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep paying attention to the show! Hop on over to theneedle.org to see what many artists and toymakers are submitting to Crammed Organisms!

Now if you've joined the King Kongery Facebook group or watch my DeviantArt account or have been keeping an eye on my Etsy shop you'll have already seen these fellows.

Roundbottoms. I finished them a long while ago, but only now getting around to sharing them with everybody. Of the four, only three are available for sale. Lucha Roundbottom I'm holding onto for a number of reasons.

Also because I like them all so much I will be making more of them in the future. The design will be a bit different and most likely the Roundbottoms will end up costing a bit more.

Anyway!

Thaddeus Roundbottom




His Etsy listing:

He's a wonderful friend but I'm a bit worried about him...

"Good Morning Thaddeus!"

"rawf rawf!"

"How are you this morning? Had a good night's sleep I hope."

"rawf rawf!"

"Dreamed of chasing rabbits and kitty cats? Did you finally catch one this time my friend?"

"rawf rawf!"

"No? Oh, well that's unfortunate! Perhaps next time I suppose! There's many nights in front of us and many dreams to be dreamed! So, since it is breakfast time would you like a plate of scrambled eggs and toast? Or will a bowl full of doggie biscuits be enough?"

"rawf rawf! wag tail, wag tail!"

What worries me is that he's not really a dog... and since he doesn't have a tail, he actually spoke that last part.

Ohh Thaddeus! You might only be 11 inches tall and only five inches wide... but you sure do love doggie biscuits!

(i'm not allowed to be cute?)


Honus Roundbottom





Honus in the making!

His Etsy listing:

Now I first met Honus long, long ago. It was in the spring on a Tuesday... or a Thursday... It had just finished raining and there were puddles all over the sidewalks!

Of course like most post-spring-showers there were an abundance of worms creeping and wriggling around. They had just come out of the ground for a sip and a drink!

While most people continued with their walking-ons barely glancing at the ground, this little fellow who introduced himself to me as Honus Roundbottom was picking up as many worms as he could! Carrying them to the soft grass and making sure they would all get home safe.

How many of you have stopped to help a worm along it's merry... slimy way??

Ohh Honus! At 11 inches tall and 5 inches wide it's your outstanding friendly demeanor that makes you one heckuva friend!


Jupiter Roundbottom





His Etsy listing:

It's obvious by Jupiter's appearance that he is quite the scholar. He holds a PhD in Particulated Teletranstational Theory. It's a lot less complicated if you ask him to explain it to you.

Well, no. It actually becomes much more complicated. Really, I have no idea what he's saying half the time. I'm even starting to think he's just making things up because six syllable words make him laugh. I mean I say good morning and he comes back with, "Miranpidonipus!" I mean what is that?! Is that Latin?!

Ohh Jupiter! You might only be 11 inches tall and only five inches wide... but you're the smartest guy I've ever met!


Lucha Roundbottom





Like I mentioned he's not listed on Etsy. He didn't really turn out the way I had hoped. He was going to be called "El Sol." Then he would have an opponent named El Eclipse. And he still might someday, I think it's a great idea.

Anyway, that's all for now. So until I actually return, just sit quietly and dream of sweet King Kongery things.

No comments: